Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Ethan

Happy Happy Birthday Ethan Dear. Happy days will come to you this year. If I had a wish then It would be a Happy Happy Birthday to you from me! I'm a little bit behind on posting this :) On August 19th my son Ethan celebrated his first birthday. The day started when I heard him wake up and I rushed in singing the Happy Birthday song. It made me cry. Memories of the day he was born and the first glimpse I had of him flooded my mind. How grateful I am to have this little guy.
We spent the day singing and playing. I was trying to help Ethan realize that today was a special day and his day. I spent every moment he was awake playing with him and during his nap time I worked on his Birthday Cake.



I am following the tradition of making homemade birthday cakes and I think this cake turned out pretty good. In Brett's family it is tradition for the birthday kid one their first birthday to have their own cake to dig into




How is this for your first cake?

The Theme for his birthday party was "Ethan's reeling in the Big ONE" So naturally the theme was centered around fish. We served Salmon and Halibut and everyone brought pot luck. I put together a fish pond for the kids. It was a hit. It was a lot of fun seeing the kids get excited to see what they had caught.



He got lots of presents. Family and few friends came to celebrate his big day. It was so much fun to organize a party for my son.





1 comment:

Traci said...

I can't believe he's a year!! He's getting so big, and is so cute! You look great too! Miss seeing you! Glad things are going well.