Friday, June 11, 2010

Schools OUT for SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!

Brett ended his last day of school on May 27th!!! June, July and August is why I LOVE being married to a Teacher. Just hours after the school bell rang, we started our summer off right and headed to California baby! Ethan was a trooper on the road trip. We discovered that Toy Story is Ethan's favorite movie and Buzz is his favorite Toy Story character. We got everything we were hoping to get in the big CA.

The Beach!!!
One after noon we packed our towels and went to Redondo Beach. Anything with water these days Ethan calls the TUB. I think it is so stinking cute. He only enjoyed the water for about two minutes and then he got sick of the waives crashing into him.

So... our handy dandy sand kit became the hit of the day.

Give this Boy a few tools and sand and He's the happiest Boy in town. We played in the sand for two and a half hours. It was great and I got my suntan too :)

San Diego
San Diego is one of my favorite places to visit. Coronado Island is my favorite. It's such a fun, friendly place and I love the shopping, dining there. We found a park that had swings and a playground and let Ethan run around and play with the other children there.

AND...


DISNEYLAND
Truly the Happiest Place on Earth. We are so glad we took Ethan to Disneyland. It was the best time I have ever had there. We went from kid ride to kid ride. Ethan loved every moment until it was time to get off the ride Brett took Ethan on Autopia and let him do all the driving. I think we could have stayed on that ride all day.

I loved showing Ethan all the magic of Disneyland and watching his excitement. I love being the person to point out the wonderful things in life and seeing his reaction.

We met:
Now... doesn't it look like Jessie is trying to steal my man???
Ethan was the first to spot Buzz, but he was in a hurry to go somewhere. Bummer.

It wasn't long before He was fast asleep
We rode the train
Went to Toon Town
played at Goofy's house,

Ate Popcorn while we watched the Parade.

Met Goofy
And the best part of the day was when


He met Him
It was so much like "Mickey, you're my friend and I'm so excited to meet you!" Mickey was perfect with Ethan. They gave each other kisses, hugs and a little buddy talk. Sad goodbyes with enormous tears. When it was time for the boy next in line, Ethan said crying "Mickey Mickey Mickey No Bye" Mickey left the boy in line and came back to Ethan and gave him one last hug. I was amazed at the kindness and special treatment Mickey gave to my little guy.



Special moments and special memories were created that day.

Dreams Really DO Come True!!!

Today I am grateful for the memories we built together as a Family.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh how I love Disneyland. And it's definitely a thousand times better when you're sharing it with a little one!
So glad you had fun.