Friday, November 19, 2010

What Adoption Means To Me

In honor of November being National Adoption Awareness Month, I would like to share my feelings about adoption. As a child I never had childhood dreams of being a big career woman, mostly dreamt of becoming a Mom. We had so many hopes and dreams for our lives when we were married in 2002. He made plans to start our family one year later. Long story short, Our dreams of becoming Parents started coming true January 2008 when we got The Call that a Birth Mom had chosen us to become the parents of her Child. The next few months were incredible as we got to know Kirsten and become a part of her family.


Ethan was born in August 2008 and are dreams became true. Ethan has a shirt that says:

Adoption - Loved and Adored by both my families.

To me that is exactly what Adoption is all about. Being loved and adored by both families. We have an Open Adoption and love being a part of Her family.

I truly feel blessed to be a part of the Miracle of Adoption.


Today and everyday I am always thankful for Adoption.

No comments: