Monday, December 7, 2009

A Childhood Dream Come True

Many little girls dream of becoming a Ballerina, getting a Pony on your birthday or marring a Prince and living happily ever after. As little girl I dreamt of having my very own baby grand piano. I remember dancing as my Grandma played the theme of Sleeping Beauty on her piano. At age 10 I started piano lessons. I had a wonderful piano teacher who taught me many wonderful things about the piano.
One day I was talking with my husband (Brett) about my ambition. At the time we were living in a very small house that we had bought when we were first married. There wasn't much room for many things especially a piano. Brett said "We can get a piano when we move into our next home." A few years later we started looking for a new home. Spotted a home we wanted to buy and I started my search for my baby grand piano. We looked at a couple and decided to check out one more. It was beautiful! I was so nervous as I stroked the keys. The sound was incredible. Now the funny part was that we were not going to be able to move into our new home for another two months. Gladly the man who sold us the piano agreed to hold the piano in his home until we were able to move into our new home. My piano was the first thing we moved into our home. It was better than Christmas.




No comments: