Thursday, June 9, 2011

Girls Camp

I absolutely love my church calling and serving in the Young Women Program. How many people can say that as deeply as I??? After our "Plan A" was cancelled (due to too much snow) we resorted to our "Plan B" and rounded up as many tents as we needed. Our theme was
"Seek, Cuz It's a Jungle Out There".
We were assigned as the Tiger of the Jungle and had a lot of fun.
I am always amazed with the talent these girls have. They planned everything. You should have seen them write new words to the Eye of a Tiger song and choreograph a dance to go along.

This was the year of the "Leaders in Peril" LOL! All three of us Leaders had something wrong. Our Camp Director had a pulled muscle in her back, the other Leader had a Migraine all week and I had a pinched nerve that numbed my leg for the week. Our Girls were sweet and took extra care of us. I guess it's better to smell of Icy Hot than camp fire, RIGHT? If it were a REAL JUNGLE we would have been the first ones eaten by the lions.

We all learned a song to sing at camp. We Seek After These Things by Jenny Phillips. It is such a great song and rings so true to life.

I am so grateful that I have such a wonderful Husband that so willingly takes care of everything while I spend the week at camp. I disparately missed Ethan and Brett while I was gone. The best part was coming home.

1 comment:

rmt said...

Ah, girl's camp. I have so many great memories of that. :)

Sorry about your pinched nerve, that sounds miserable! You are a trooper to go anyway! Hope you're doing better now.