Thursday, June 9, 2011

Potty Train'in

I know, it's kind of a strange subject to blog about, But..... He DID IT!!!! Wahoo!!!!! It took about six months for Him to figure out what an accident feels like and what to do before an accident happened. I gave up so many times. We first started out with a sticker for every successful trip to the potty. It took these stickers
and these

As you can see there are many that are placed on top of each other.
Boys will be Boys!

We took him to get a snow cone for his first #2

And then there was the coveted reward toy for not having any accidents for a week.
We put "Buzz Ligher" (as Ethan calls him) on an high shelf and often reminded Ethan of what needed to be done to get Buzz out of his box.

And then one day Buzz came out of his box.
Sadly, He had to go back in his box a time or two, but now you can find him in various places around our home.

I am a firm believer that every kid potty trains when they are ready. One day Ethan came to me and said "I want to go potty in the toilet". I said "Then go take your diaper off and go potty in the toilet". He went more and more each day. I totally took a back seat this time around and he figured it out by himself. I'm so proud of my little guy.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That's soo exciting. I totally agree with you; they will do it when they are ready. It has been mt least favorite part of parenting by far, but when it comes it is such a happy feeling! Congrats.

rmt said...

Way to go Ethan! That's exactly what Daniel did too...he didn't seem interested in potty training at all and then one day he just decided to do it! So funny how they have their own agendas.