Monday, May 30, 2011

Again


Last week was a little bit crazy around our house. Last Monday Brett came home from work with stomach pains. I just thought that he had the stomach flu or maybe even the "I don't want to go to work tomorrow" blues. By the evening he was sing the puke symphony. After a long night of no sleep and pain I called the Dr. first thing in the morning. We went to the appointment at 10:50 and after a few pokes the Dr turned to me and asked "Does he have a high tolerance of pain"? I thought NO! But just then I thought about my sweetie and said "The fact that he asked me to come with him to the appointment say's to me that He is hurting". The Dr ordered some blood work for a few tests. Their machine was down so he had the nurse run the blood to the hospital to the tested. About 15 minutes later the Dr came in and said that the test results were high enough to suspect Appendicitis and sent us to the hospital for a CT. We both looked at each other in disbelief. Then I thought I am so glad that I called Grandpa to watch Ethan the last second before we left. Brett went in for his CT and after the Dr came and said that Brett does have Appendicitis. His Appendix was swollen to a Level 2 and they usually rupture at Level 3 and that he will be having surgery today. My poor guy. This will be twice that my He has had surgery THIS YEAR. We headed over to check in at same day surgery and by 3:00 they were wheeling Him into surgery. I have never been so surprised in my life. We got out of surgery about 45 minutes later. I was a little bit nervous about how he would be feeling. I was totally expecting groggy, in pain Brett. NO, He was cracking jokes with the nurses, felt great and wanted to know when he could go home. He said he felt way better than before. We were home by 5:15. He's doing great.

Everyone at his work DID NOT believe that He had surgery. They all thought he was just trying to get out of working the last three days of school. Well, good thing He's got the scars to prove it.

I've sure got one TUFF GUY ;)

2 comments:

rmt said...

Yikes! Poor guy! It's a good thing they got it out before it ruptured.

Bemily said...

Ouch!! He's been through a rough week! I hope he's recovering well! - I'll be in UT this month! We need to get together for lunch!! I'll message you on fb. :)