Friday, February 3, 2012

Reminiscing

Last weekend, We (Brett and I) were headed to our first play at Hale Center Theater. We got talking and realized that it was 10 years ago, give or take day or two, that Brett Proposed to me. We thought it was funny that we are still driving the same car. It is a little bit messier than it was ten years ago on that night.

Ten Years ago I was getting ready for a date with Brett. I remember my Mom telling me to not wear that outfit and to wear this one, add more mascara, and have fun tonight. I just kind of brushed it off. Didn't think anything of it. He took me to dinner at Romano's Macaroni Grill. One of our favorite restaurants. During dinner I noticed that he was fidgety. After dinner we went and saw a movie Oceans Eleven. After the movie we went for a walk around the Shops at Riverwoods. The fidgeting got worse and worse. Then he kept checking his phone. I started to worry that he was going to break up with me. After our walk we got back into his car. We were driving down University Avenue and He kept checking his phone. I wondered Who does he need to talk to right now??????? Then all the sudden he said loudly "We are going to Cold Stone!" I have the biggest sweet tooth for Ice Cream and am defiantly a fan of the Founders Favorite at cold stone. I thought Great! What is a date without ice cream? After we enjoyed our treat I thought he was taking me home and then all the sudden he took a left turn and headed for the Provo LDS Temple. At this point I have no clue what is going on. It was freezing that night. After he parked the car, he kind of bolted towards the sidewalk. I thought "Can't he wait two seconds for me to zip up my coat?" I caught up to him and we took a walk around to the back side to the Temple. During our walk i noticed a person in a hooded jacket walking towards us. Then turned around and headed the other way. It was kind of weird. Again, I brushed it off. When we got to the back of the Temple. There on one of the benches was a dozen roses, a candle and the ring. Then it hit me. How did I not have a clue. We had been ring shopping a few weeks before. All the signs were pointing that way. He got down on his knee and proposed to me. It was perfect.

Then he started to tell me what had happened that night. The person in the hooded jacket was his sister Joda who was guarding the ring. When Brett got out of the car and rushed to the sidewalk it was because he realized that he parked right next to Joda's car filled with her entire family and did not want me to notice. Brett had been trying to reach Joda all night and that is why he kept checking his phone.

We are right ABOUT smack dab where we had hoped to be in ten years.

2 comments:

Rick and Katie Brady said...

Fun to read this story, it made me smile! Congrats, you guys are very cute.

Rachelle said...

I remember all that! :) So much happens in ten years. And, I'm totally cracking up that you're still driving the same car! Must be a good one! :)