Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ringing in the New Year

For New Years we headed up Hebar Canyon and rang in the New Year with Brett's family. About five years ago we started this family tradition. It is SO cold but SO much fun. We stay in one of the cabins at the Hebar Valley Camp. We eat great food, stay up playing games, watch movies, and the best part of all is Sleigh Riding in the snow. My Father In Law Clair has a huge collection of old Runner Sleds. 

We started out walking up the hill with our sleds

riding down the mile long road and by the end of the day we 

tied our selds together and hitched them to the back of Craig's truck and he pulled us up the hill. It was fun going Up and Down. Craig is Brett's oldest brother and he loves a thrill. We were cruising up the hill faster than many of us went down. Don't get me wrong, I have never been with a more carful group of people in  my life. Someone always checked each sled before Craig hit the gas. 
We went up and down the hill a thousand times. 


Todd's favorite was being pulled in a sled by his Grandpa. They made a great pair.

There is nothing better than knowing that you and your kids have such great loving family.


A lot of people are choosing one word to focus on throughout the year. I spent a little time searching for  that right word for me, and came up with... 
I chose inspire because I want to be inspired in so many ways. Health, beauty, joy, creativity and find a way to inspire others. 

I was just called to serve as the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society. Ahhh :[ I just hope that I can do a good job. I have loved serving in the Young Women. I'm going to miss working with them.

No comments: