Thursday, January 28, 2010

Passions

In my life there are many things that I am passionate about. One that I hold dear in my heart is my passion for Music. The power of the melody and lyrics flood my heart with emotion, romance, pride and humor. I enjoy a wide variety of music ranging from Doris Day to Green Day. I feel blessed to have been involved in music for many years of my life. I have found a way to express myself through music time after time. We all have a few songs that make us break out dancing, want to listen to over and over, cry all the way through the song (every time it's heard), or make us reach to change the station. Recently I have added a small music selection to my blog. Each of these have a way of touching my heart. Here is why:

Dream by Priscilla Ahn: I love the simplistic melody and lyrics of this song. As a little girl I had similar dreams and experiences as in the first verse of this song. As a young girl I asked God many times to bless my life in the same ways as said in the second verse. I just hope that I'm old and grey when I die. Feeling like my life has been fulfilled as in the third verse.
Story by Brandi Carlile: I feel that it is appropriate. I have written many posts that tell you the story of who I am, where I've been and how I got to where I am. My husband Brett doesn't really like this song for how crazy the chorus gets. But to me... the entire song expresses happiness, sadness, pain and comfort. The part where it says: You see the smile that's on my mouth. Its hiding the words that don't come out.... I am grateful for the people in my life that recognize my smile that covers the words that don't come out. Thank You to All of you! And thanks to Brett for making me feel like a million bucks :)

September by Earth Wind and Fire: Is the song that I play to brighten my day. It's also the song Ethan and I love to dance to. That little guy can bust a move!

Three Little Birds by Bob Marley: Don't worry about a thing. Cuz every little thing is gonna be all right. This is my message to you. I believe that everything doesn't always turn out like you plan..... It's better!


Today it is obvious that I am thankful for MUSIC.

No comments: