Tuesday, February 23, 2010

One Year Ago TODAY



All day long today I have been thinking about the wonderful day 365 days ago. We legally finalized Ethan's adoption. It was such a wonderful day filled with happiness, tears and laughter. It was a little strange being surrounded by criminals in the courthouse hallway waiting for our turn. It was great that we had the courtroom all to our selves. We are forever grateful for the love of Ethan's Birth Mom and the blessing of being a part of her family.

After leaving the courthouse we got in the car and headed to lunch. On the way there I read the paperwork and to my surprise they had made a mistake. It read... Baby Boy Christensen, born June 9, 2009. I read it again and again and again. How could this have been missed by so many people. Our attorney, his assistant, the Judge and the list goes on. We promptly called our attorney office and informed them of the mistake. Just a little glitch. It was promptly amended and it's all history.

Today and EVERY DAY I am grateful for ADOPTION


1 comment:

Bemily said...

Yay! I absolutely love these pictures and so happy for Baby Boy Christensen! :) You're such a great mom!