Thursday, July 29, 2010

The 4th of July


This year we spent the 4th of July with Ethan's Birth Mom and Her Family. We had the best time and feel like family whenever we are with them. The city they live in has one of the best celebrations I've seen. They have a parade that starts at 6:00PM, they throw TONS of candy and its not a marathon parade. After the parade we sat on the lawn, ate fried chicken, played games and listened to live entertainment until the fireworks started at 10.

Here is a short movie about the day:

We are SO thankful for such a wonderful adoption experience with Kirsten and her entire Family. Ethan has a shirt:

It says: Adoption: adored and loved by both my families.
That rings absolutely true for Ethan. He is the center of attention and you can clearly see that they love and adore him.

Today I am thankful for my freedom.

2 comments:

Elena said...

Wow, Becky, you have been posting a lot. I love the pictures of little Ethan, it's so amazing to me to see how special your relationship is with Ethan's birth mom. You both are so great. your cake turned out wonderful! Maybe Raylene should put you in charge more often!

Elena said...

Becky, I just noticed you are not on my readers list. if you send me your e-mail address I'll be happy to add you:
elena dot marvin@gmail.com