Thursday, July 29, 2010

Piece of Cake ???

This month has been filled with all kinds of craziness. Party here and a bbq there. One of the craziest things I did this month was this:


My sweet Mother in Law decorates wedding cakes for her close friends and family. One of her life long Friend's Son was getting married and was going to make the cake for the wedding. Long story short... We had a family emergency in California (Every thing's good. Don't worry) and she left me in charge of making the cake. Now when I was a little girl I dreamt of making beautiful wedding cakes. My favorite part of weddings was admiring the wedding cake's detail and delicate decoration. I've made cakes in the past including two wedding cakes. I had much help doing so. This time It was just me and my Sister in Law who didn't have much cake experience either. I had never worked with fondant before so I spent a half an hour watching You Tube. Lets just say I had a few prayers and all my fingers and toes crossed.

The wedding was a Luau and we were encouraged to wear Hawaiian Attire. So we got dressed for the night and headed out.

Brett and Ethan both have a great talent in pulling funny faces that always bring a smile to my face.
I love these boys!

Check out this guy
They say he is to scare off evil spirits. Would have scared me away for sure.

We didn't stay very long, but long enough to get a yummy treat.



That day I was thankful for You Tube

3 comments:

Bemily said...

WAY TO GO! Love this cake! You always make the best things. Still crave your sugar cookies. Seriously. delicious.

Brett and Rebecca said...

If you lived closer to me I would bring you some today. I hate that you're so far away.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cake Becky.