Saturday, October 1, 2011

OCTOBERFEST

Since October is one of my most favorite months I've changed my blog background to reflect such. My "Octoberfest" (note that there is no K in my Octoberfest cuz there's no beer here) has begun! Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those girls who get a thrill out of spooky, scary things. I recall as a young girl I went Trick or Treating with my older siblings. Crying as they went Trick or Treating to an Old Haunted House! That aside, I enjoy the friendly "Spookiness" of Halloween fun.

Another favorite part of my Octoberfest is... General Conference. I love watching General Conference and look forward to the many inspirational talks. This morning our Prophet announced something that was a big surprise to me.

Another Temple in Provo UT! The old Tabernacle in Provo, that burned down last December, will be transformed into the new Provo Temple. This building is very dear to me. As a member of the Utah Valley Children's Choir, I sang in that building many times. Mostly during Christmas time. I have very fond memories of that building and am looking forward to seeing it as an LDS Temple.

Happy Spooks, Eeks, and Boo's

1 comment:

rmt said...

Yay for October! I love Fall, though with the snow it would seem that Mother Nature decided to gyp us this year.

I was surprised about the temple announcement, too! It will so awesome and such a unique, beautiful temple.