Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Forget Me Not

Last saturday I jumped in the car with my Mom and Sister and headed up to Salt Lake to attend the Relief Society Conference Broadcast. I always look forward to spending some time with them. We always have a great time.

The Broadcast was absolutely fantastic. Dieter F. Uchtdorf gave another wonderful talk that pulled my heart strings. Good thing I packed my tissues. If you didn't get a chance to hear it you can watch it online - "Five things to Forget - Not" He talks about the small Forget Me Not flower. Which is my Favorite flower. I have it listed as my favorite flower on our Adoption Profile . It grows wild all over in Alaska and many other places. He talks about a German legend, God named all the plants when a tiny unnamed one cried out, "Forget-me-not, O Lord!" God replied, "That shall be your name." I couldn't help but Sob, Sob, Sob, Sob.
Then he talked the five pedals of the flower and gave us five things to Never Forget:


Another part of his talk that stuck out to me was; He talked about how being a member of the church is not an obligation,
but a pathway.
I think every Women on the Planet needed to hear his talk.
Thanks again Dieter F. Uchtdorf for all those times you have helped me fell those Tender Mercies.
P.S. I think that Dieter F. Uchtdorf is the Sean Connery of the LDS Faith. :)

1 comment:

Bemily said...

What a wonderful post, Becca. Even though it's only been a few days since I heard that wonderful talk, I needed a good reminder.

You are such a wonderful example of a good friend, mother, and faithful Latter Day Saint. I admire you!
PS - I think our little boys would have so much fun playing together!