Monday, January 24, 2011

CHRISTMAS

We sure had such a fun christmas this year. Ethan has met Santa a few times and they have become friends. Ethan was so excited to leave cookies and milk for Santa to eat.

I could not sleep very well. I was so excited for Ethan to see his presents Santa brought. We finally woke him up at quarter to NINE.

Santa Brought him:
A Bike
and
A Tool Chest.

Brett always likes to make Ethan something out of wood for Christmas. This year he made a barn.
It turned out so cute and Ethan loves to play with the animals. Every night he puts all his farm animals in the barn and say's goodnight to them.

I can't believe how much Ethan has grown. I found these pictures of him in his Christmas pj's
Christmas 2008


Christmas 2009


Christmas 2010

He sure has grown these past few years. He is such a handsome boy!

We have been planning to remodel our master bathroom during Christmas break. Brett and I decided a few months ago that we would buy bathroom stuff for each other for Christmas and just get simple things to put in our stockings. So I planned on getting him a toilet and put my order in at Standard Plumbing. I put a movie and a few of his favorite treats in his stocking. So, Christmas Eve came and I'm stuffing Brett's stocking in the corner and he's trying to stuff my stocking with food from the Fridge. He was stuffing my MY stocking with oranges. Typical! LOL! I said to Brett "You better share your candy with me tomorrow." Christmas morning came and I was having so much fun watching Ethan open his presents. Brett mentioned a few times that I should open my stocking. I thought "Why? It's full of oranges." So I grabbed my stocking and pulled out orange after orange after orange. and then came to a ball of newspaper with tape all around it. I thought What could this be? Another orange? I finally got the tape off and unwrapped the newspaper. I found a little box. I thought maybe he got me a pair of earrings or a new necklace. I opened it up and found this:

Here's the story. My wedding ring has broken twice since we were married in 2002. Once when we were on a boat ride in Alaska and another time when I had smashed it into a D shape. Since the last time it broke I have not worn it since. I have missed my wedding ring SOO much. It was just too thin. It bent all the time. It use to have one baguette on each side and a thin band. We had talked about how to improve it by adding another baguette on each side and make the band thicker and after going to a jeweler to discuss price we decided to wait and fix it a little bit later. I was totally shocked when I opened the box. Tears ran down my cheeks. It is SO BEAUTIFUL. I felt like a new Bride all over again. I love it so much. It's exactly what I hoped it would look like. And no Brett did NOT need to share his treats with me.

Today I am thankful for such a Wonderful Husband.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

what a fun Christmas and what a beautiful ring! my mom's ring no longer fit after she had children, and I'll never forget the Christmas when my dad got her a new ring (the youngest was in his teens!). i think we all cried.