Sunday, July 3, 2011

Moments That Matter Most

I've always been touched by the Mormon Messages, but not one has touched my heart more dearly than this one. I've watched this movie over and over the last few weeks. It has totally trumped my motto of the year. Strength comes from paying attention to the things that matter most. I truly believe in that.
The motto that I have had the past six months has been finding ways to serving others. I decided in January that I was going to help others in any way that I could. I had someone approach me to decorate a wedding cake for their daughter. At first, I thought NO WAY! But then I thought about my motto and reconsidered. I decorated the cake while I watched the footage of The Royal Wedding while I decorated the cake. It was so much fun making the cake. For me, I find joy in helping others.

I've had so much fun serving others that I now have to mottoes this year.
Serving Others and Diligently doing the things that matter most.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I've watched this video over and over again since I found it a few weeks ago. It never fails to make me tingly and a little teary. Such a good reminder. {Apparently one I need on a daily basis!}
Thanks for sharing. Love you, Rebecca.

rmt said...

That's awesome, Becky! That's so awesome that you would go out of your box and agree to decorate a cake, and super cute that you happened to do it during the royal wedding! I'm sure it was beautiful.

I definitely need reminders to go out of my way to help others. Thanks. :)