Thursday, July 28, 2011

PAUSE - Pioneer Day


Our State celebrates July 24th as Pioneer Day. We were in the parade with Families Supporting Adoption. The theme for this years parade was "The Place 2B" so our wagon was decorated to go with the theme. They gave each child a bee headband to wear.
Ethan loved running around pretending to be a BEE.

We shouted thinks like: "2468 We think Adoption's Great" and "Give me an A - D - O - P - T - I- O - N What Does that spell??? Adoption!!!!! It was so much fun hearing people cheer when we passed by. I often heard things like "I placed my Baby for Adoption", "I was Adopted" or "We are hoping to Adopt".

Later we went over to Aunt Joda's house for a BBQ and swim at her pool. We were in the pool just 5 minutes and had to get out. A rain storm can ruin a swim party in a quick hurry. So, we went inside and watched a movie. The kids found the halloween costumes and dressed up. It looked more like Halloween than Pioneer Day.



Our State just legalized Fireworks that shoot into the sky. So, for the past few nights we have been cuddling in a chair and watch them well past bed time :)

1 comment:

rmt said...

How fun that you got to be in the parade and ride on the float. Love it.

I think I've had enough of rainy days for a while! Geez!