Friday, September 21, 2012

What's in a Name? Anyway...

I kind of chuckle every time I fill out one of these

When I was in Elementary, I met a new friend named Rebecca. Since we had the same name our friends called her Becca and I was Becky, so they could tell us apart. Still, we both called each other Becca. My Family calls me Becca and whenever my friends would call and ask for Becky, they often said you have the wrong number. When I met Brett, I was with my friends so I was introduced as Becky. So all his Friends, Family and people in our Ward and Stake call me Becky. 

So, all my life, I've found myself in this Monopoly of the oh so many forms of my name. So when I found myself with the sticker last weekend, I decided to get a little creative.

I answer to them ALL

Re- Becca - Came from my Grandma B. She always said it by emphasizing on the RE part.

Beck A Rimus - Came from Uncle Kent. He makes up nicknames for all of Brett's Family. Brett is Burt, Ethan is Eph - abel and He's working on Todds.

Bec - Lots of people call me that. Mostly Brett's sister Joda.

Becca - My Family and mostly everyone pre Brett.

Becky - Most of my Friends, Brett's Family and people at Church

RE - Pecka - My most detested one of all... That was and sometimes still is the way my Siblings call me. 

And Lastly...

Rebecca - I've always been a fan and I truly love my name.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

How funny...you've always been Becky to me! I've never thought of calling you anything else! :)