Monday, January 27, 2014

Christmas Magic

Christmas is my FAVORITE DAY. It is a day full of excitement, Magic and PURE JOY. The kids play all day long, there is no fighting and it is just JOY, JOY, JOY for everyone.







Brett is a total sweetheart and spoils me for Christmas. Here's a funny story. For about a year, I've been wanting a Walking Foot for my sewing machine. They are kind of expensive, so I've been hinting for a while. Brett braved the black friday sales and headed to the Bernina store and bought one for me for Christmas. While he was there, they had a Black Friday Giveaway. They were giving away a Bernina Serger. He entered me into the drawing and to our surprise I WON!!!!!!! I got the call a week before Christmas. It was a woman calling to tell me that I had won the Black Friday Giveaway. At first I thought she was a scam..... But then thought what could it hurt and said that I would be in later that day to pick it up. I immediately called Brett and asked him if it was real. It was. The sweetheart could have totally given me it for Christmas with no need to do anything else. I was so excited... Then decided to make Pajama pants for the boys for Christmas Eve. 
I never thought I would ever NEED a Serger. Now, I can't believe how much I use it. It makes mending cloths a snap. I've had so much fun. 

I think that I have FINALLY - after 11 years of trying - MASTERED my Cinnamon Roll Recipe. They have always been delicious and the most requested recipe from Brett's Brothers. I think the secret is using Bread Flour. We made a HUGE double batch - 24 cups of flour - and delivered a sweet treat to our neighbors.








We defiantly had a Merry Christmas 


No comments: