Monday, January 27, 2014

Just a bowl of Cherries - Catch Up

During the last few weeks of summer, Brett and I both, worked Cherries. Usually Brett is the only one that works Cherries and I stay home with the kids.....

Not THIS YEAR.....

Brett heard the company was short Cherrie workers and had the Bright Idea that I should do it too. Lets just say it made the TOP of my Things I wish I had never done.


Brett worked the Day shift as a fork lift driver and I worked the Night shift sorting through the cherries. Basically, the cherries work their way down the conveyer belt and I would pick out any cherries with blemishes, stems, strange colors and such. The worst thing that I picked out was a baby bird. It was terrible. 


But in the end... I made a few new friends, had a lot of thinking time, learned that I could do more than I thought I could, and made some extra spending money. 

One thing I wanted to do was make a Cherrie Pie. There had to be something good and delicious right????

I don't know what I was thinking.... WE Hate cherrie.

But it looked Good.   



No comments: