Wednesday, November 9, 2011

AHHHHH


I did it. AHHH! While driving around town this morning, I saw a girl holding a sign that said Homeless and Pregnant. Me trying to find a way to adopt our next child thought - Give her an adoption pass along card. After driving around the block a few times, and picking up my Uncle so I wasn't alone, got up the nerve to go talk to her. I give her ten bucks and one of our pass along cards.
Front
Back
I explained that we were trying to adopt another child and that our agency might be able to offer her some services.

She was super nice. Didn't just grab the money etc. She said that she did not want the state to take her baby and give it to a stranger etc... She then said that we looked like a super nice family and would keep us in mind. AHHH.

I know that there are a lot of people out there like this. We hear the news specials that say how many % of them are not really in bad situations. etc.... But what if wasn't?
It may have been the best $10 I've ever given someone.


6 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

that's super cool! good luck!!

Rick and Katie Brady said...

Hey Becky- I don't remember how I came across your blog but I have been following you and enjoy reading about your adoption process. We have adopted as well and are waiting for another opportunity as well. That is so awesome of you to do that, I would have been scared out of my mind. Your pass along cards are very cute. I wish you guys all the best, I hope it works out for you!

rmt said...

Wow! I will keep you in my prayers as always! Love you!

PS...This is a link to the parents of my sister's baby. I love reading their blog, and the mom just did a great adoption post. Just thought I'd share...you have a lot in common!

http://brocknamy.blogspot.com/

Brett and Rebecca said...

Thanks everyone!

Katie - Your little guy is so cute. Congrats and good luck with your next adoption. :)

Angie said...

I didn't even know about Adoption Pass Along Cards. That's awesome.
Good for you -- I'm sure that was a scary thing to do!
Hoping and praying for your family to expand soon!!

Bemily said...

That's so great!! We will keep you in our prayers.