Saturday, November 26, 2011

Ladies Luncheon

The women in Brett's family have the best tradition. The Saturday after Thanksgiving they all go out to lunch to a nice restaurant. Someone is in charge of arranging the event, choosing the restaurant and getting a small gift for each woman. Since I'm not able to attend this year, I thought I'd share my experience of my first Women's Luncheon.
Brett and I had just been married that spring. We did not have a lot of money and we were saving our money for Christmas. The luncheon was at the Grand America Hotel. It was beautiful. They had Christmas decorations all around. After looking at the Menu I decided to order a salad. It was $12. The cheapest item on the menu. :) My Sister in Law and I were in the same boat. We sat there together and ate our salads while everyone else enjoyed their Salmon, Prime Rib etc.... When we were all done the person in charge decided to take the total of everyone's meals and divide it by how many people that were there. We ended up paying $24 for our $12 salad. It is so funny to look back on that day

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Haha...I hate it when that happens! $24 for a salad is crazy. (I'm pretty sure that happens in a Friends episode, actually...) Sounds like a really neat tradition. :)